|Art by: Cate Simmons|
Writing about setting
Reading a setting
Reading specifically for setting
#1: Open your English Journal
Start a new entry at the top.
Describe a place you like to be. What does this place say about you as a person?#2: Look closely at a setting
CLICK THIS LINK: to view a description of a setting from Great Expectations. We will look closely at what this setting tells us about the characters.
#3: Talk to your group
- Talk to your group about what's happening in your novel.
- What is confusing you about the events or characters in your novel?
- How has setting played a role so far?
- What do the settings tell you about the characters?
- MARK the places in your book where the setting informs you about the characters.
- Finish your article of the week assignment from 10/14 in your English Journal.
- Keep up with your reading. Be prepared to meet your reading goal for Friday.
- You can still revise your memoir or your visual memoir and request a regrade.