Reading Progress Update
Learn what a rhetorical précis is.
Play unscramble the précis
1. Complete your READING PROGRESS UPDATE.
2. Rhetorical Précis:
"A Rhetorical Précis, pronounced (pray-see), is a summary or abstract of a work. The Rhetorical Précis has a rigidly specific format.... It is important that you follow the format carefully. This is not an easy task. But it is a crucial step towards building critical reading ability...." (Oregonstate.edu)
Unscrambling a Precis:
- Use THIS LINK to get a copy of a doc with a rhetorical précis. (Do not share it.)
- The sentences on this doc are out of order.
- Rearrange them until you have a correct précis.
- Note: Our example chart has FOUR sentences, but the précis you will unscramble has FIVE. Decide which two sentences should be combined and re-write them into one sentence.
- Copy and paste your CORRECTED précis into your English Journal. (You will need it as an example for writing one on your own soon.)
- Be sure your corrected précis is pasted into your English Journal, dated 12/10/18.
- Keep reading. You should be on Book #5 by now.