Yesterday, you got the exciting news that you are about to become a novelist. (This is also a good time to revisit our class motto, "Don't Panic".)
Today I want to give you a resource that will help you with your passage into authorship. It is the:
- After you have opened the handbook be SURE you go to FILE/Save As and SAVE your model handbook in your MY DOCUMENTS folder.
- Really, save the darn handbook in your my documents folder now.
- Begin by reading the letter to authors on page 1.
- Then read page three and banish your inner editor.
- You are now ready to choose your model novel.
Choosing a Model Novel:
Your model novel is NOT the perfect novel you and your partner imagined on Monday. Your model novel is a book you read and liked, one that you can use for ideas, one that you can turn to when you want to see how an expert author writes dialog or moves the plot forward. (It is probably not a novel about models, sorry.) Use pages 4 and 5 of your NaNoWriMo Handbook to answer some questions about your model novel.
You did work today in your NaNoWriMo handbook. Be sure you SAVE it again before your shutdown.