Friday, January 31, 2014

AOW- The Poe Museum

Read
Edgar Allan Poe
Photo via
http://commons.wikimedia.org/

I'm putting a twist on your "Article of The Week" today.  Instead of reading an article I'm asking you to review a website.

1. Visit the site for the Poe Museum.
2. Navigate around the site and see what you find.
3. Write a two paragraph response in your writer's notebook.  The first paragraph should be about what you found on the site and the second paragraph will be your opinion.  I'm giving you some sentence stems below to help you out.
4. TIP: You can include LINKS to the parts of the site you are writing about IN your review!

Paragraph 1 (Possible sentence ideas)
I recently visited  (name of site) to learn more about....
The main purpose of the site seems to be...
__________ was the most interesting part because...
The organization of the site made it easy/hard to find....
Don't miss...

Paragraph 2  (More possible sentence ideas) 
This site would be useful to...
I thought the site would be better if...
Another improvement I would make...
I would use this site again if...
The material presented seemed factual/suspicious because...



No comments:

Post a Comment