We have a lot to accomplish for the rest of this week and next. I'm making a list.
- Finish reviewing the beginning of your partner's novel. Use the Reader Review Form to send your feedback.
- Make a revision plan for yourself. (We are going to start on that together today) You will need this page from NaNoWriMo.
- Revise your novel. (daily) You have a large text to revise, work on it every day.
- Select an excerpt of your novel for me to evaluate. Make sure that excerpt is perfect, all mistakes fixed, great word choices, includes some fancy techniques like flashback, foreshadowing and figurative language.
- Select a section of your novel from 500-1000 words. This section should be a good example of your writing and will probably be about something important from your novel.
- Mark this section with the word "excerpt" at the beginning and "excerpt" again at the end. Also highlight it in light green.
- Proofread this section carefully. Make sure it is very perfect, like a final draft.
Homework: Finish your review of the opening of your partner's novel. Decide on your excerpt and edit that. Check your chapter structure and revise if needed.