Tuesday, December 2, 2014

More Revision! More editing!

Yesterday you began working through an editing checklist. Below is the rest of the checklist. Continue with yesterday's if you need to before starting this one. 

Yes, you will need to reread your novel in order to do all of these effectively.

  1.  I have capitalized proper nouns such as places and people’s names.
  2. I have made sure that every sentence ends with some type of punctuation mark (period, question mark, exclamation mark) and there are spaces between words and sentences.
  3. I have spell-checked my novel and have corrected any spelling errors and/or typos.
  4. I have read my novel and moved around certain parts to make it better.
  5. I have removed (deleted) any parts that are unnecessary or that don’t work.
  6. I have added writing that will make the story better or less confusing.
  7. I use a variety of sentence types and lengths. I have combined sentences where appropriate. 
P.S.
If you got over 100% in NaNoWriMo, but did not earn the "winner" badge I have submitted your name to them for manual validation. You should get an e-mail in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment