- Read while your computer boots up.
- You are in different seats and different places in your writing process.
- If you are still working on body paragraphs try to catch up today.
- Re-watch the tutorial about the mood paragraph if you are stuck.
- See the yellow chart on the whiteboard for help structuring your paragraphs.
- If you are DONE with your paragraphs on theme, mood and irony ask a partner to read them. (Exchange papers by sharing your Google Docs with each other. Use "Suggesting" mode and comments.)
- If you are ready to tackle an introduction I am giving you a list not a lesson.
Your introduction should have:
- The names of the authors and the titles of their work.
- A brief summary (one sentence) of the gist of each creation, text or film.
- A thesis statement that explains how the author and director use similar or different techniques to create the irony, moods and themes in their works.
Sentence Starters for your body paragraphs: