- Take a quick quiz to refresh your memory about Cask of Amontillado.
- I have sent you a new Google Doc called "Comparing Poe and Laughton."
- Find it in your "Shared with me" section in Google Drive.
- Read the prompt carefully to yourself and then we will write one of the paragraphs together.
- Mood Paragraph tutorial video.
Consider the short story “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe and the movie The Night of The Hunter (1955) directed by Charles Laughton. What techniques do the author and director use to create the theme and mood?
Write a comparison/contrast essay discussing the similarities and differences between these two works. Keep in mind how the author and filmmaker use various literary and cinematic techniques to create mood, theme, and irony.
Collected Evidence: The examples you submitted.Examples of Theme Mood and Irony in Night of the Hunter
|Click to see this picture larger.|