Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Reviewing and writing about wingsuit flyers

Goal: Explain a quote in your own words and relate it to the article we read yesterday about wingsuit flyers.

Agenda:
Read
Reading review
Writing about a quote: Choose one of the quotes below that you have not written about before. Explain the quote in your own words (use 3-4 sentences) and then relate the quote to what you read yesterday about wingsuit flyers.

Quotes to choose:

“Security is a kind of death.”   -Tennessee Williams

“Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting.” -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” -Rabindranath Tagore

“Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing.” -Johann Friedrich Von Schiller

“I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.” -Jack London 

“The proper function of man is to live, not exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.”  -Jack London

"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." -Sir Edmund Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment