Learn what a rhetorical precis is.
Play unscramble the precis
Write a precis on your own.
"A Rhetorical Précis, pronounced (pray-see), is a summary or abstract of a work. The Rhetorical Précis has a rigidly specific format.... It is important that you follow the format carefully. This is not an easy task. But it is a crucial step towards building critical reading ability...." (Oregonstate.edu)
Unscrambling a Precis:
- Use THIS LINK to get a copy of a doc with a rhetorical precis. (Do not share it.)
- The sentences on this doc are out of order.
- Rearrange them until you have a correct precis.
Write your own precis:
- Open your English Journal
- Open your copy of Big Brother Meets Big Mother.
- Write a rhetorical precis of Big Brother Meets Big Mother by Ellen Goodman in your English Journal.
- Open b.socrative.com. Under STUDENT, enter room number 6867.
- Paste in your NEW rhetorical precis for Big Brother Meets Big Mother when you get the question. We will vote on them in a minute.
Later this week we will be having a socratic seminar. Tomorrow we begin preparing for that.
Update your Goodreads status.
Check out your new book if you haven't already.
What are you reading over break?