Monday, January 12, 2015

Charting the Text

Alright, so we're not done with James McBride's article yet. Every time you read it, there is more to be found and understood and expanded upon. All of these activities will help you with the writing assignment you're going to get.

Today we're going to focus on how McBride has structured the text. I will give you a sheet in class (paper?!?!) to guide your analysis. It is due before the end of class today.
(If you are absent, email me and I will send you this to complete at home.)


Homework: Stylistic Analysis. Tonight you will look closely at the word choices McBride makes in his essay. (If you are absent email me and I will send you this to complete at home.)

Important Dates:
  • Wednesday, January 14
    • TWO book reviews due on Goodreads.
    • I will ask you to give me your links in class. You will not have time to write them in class. 
    • Click on the "Independent Reading/Book Reviews" tab at the top of the page for more information.
  • Friday, January 16
    • If you want to ask for a regrade on your NaNoWriMo document, you must send me and email by Friday.
    • Click on the "NaNoWriMo Scoring" tab at the top of the page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment