Happy Monday everyone,
I know you are very sad Ms. Black won't be your teacher anymore. The good news is that you get me, and really we are a lot alike, which is why we had so much fun working together last semester. I am going to miss having her in class with us too.
New Unit: Comparative Analysis
We are kicking off the new semester with a new unit. Comparative analysis means looking closely at two things and comparing how they work. We will start with some poetry, then some short stories and finally even compare what an author does with a story to what a director does with a film.
1. Lets read, be sure you have a book.
We are going to look at some techniques for reading poetry this week.
2. Read this poem A Barred Owl by Richard Wilbur. Read it a few times until you are comfortable with the literal meaning of the poem.
3. Let's look at this prezi about poetry analysis together.
4. Use this document to organize your thinking about the poem. It is view only, make a copy for yourself to edit. You do not need to share it with me.
5. Be sure to complete the paragraph at the end of the doc AND paste it into your English Journal.