Watch the last 13 minutes of the film
Today the exciting conclusion of Night of the Hunter. Will Harry Powell get away with his crimes as Montressor did, or will he be caught in time? Continue watching for all kinds of irony, see how the director creates various moods for each scene, and look out for those bits about the theme.
Speaking of theme, remember the quote in the beginning, "Beware of false prophets in sheep's clothing, for really they are ravening wolves." How does that fit with what you know about the film now? (Don't get confused between prophet and profit. They mean different things.)
Just as you did for "Cask of Amontillado," today you will work with your partner to describe and explain scenes from Night of the Hunter.
- Use this FORM to submit your responses.
- Use the notes you took while watching the film.
- Remember that your answers will be shared with all of my classes to support your work when we begin writing our comparative analysis essays.
- Use complete sentences, please.
Movie at Lunch:
Remember if you missed part of Night of the Hunter I am re-showing it at lunch this week, (and next week too if you ask nicely.)
- The first grading period ends 3/17. Check power school to see if there is anything you can do in any of your classes to bring up your grades.
- Talking to your teachers helps too.
- On 3/14 we will submit book reviews and self-score English Journals.