Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dialog Challenges

Goal: Adding dialog, and formatting it like a boss.

Agenda:
Read
Dialog challenge #1
Dialog challenge #2

Dialog challenge #1

  1. Copy and paste the text below into your English Journal. 
  2. With your partner discuss how you would correctly format this dialog. You probably need to add some paragraph breaks and punctuation. 
Well, why were you down at the swimming pool anyway? my mom asked as she pulled the dripping carton of eggs out of the shopping bag. I told you I need to get in shape before the swim team tryouts. Damn half these eggs are broken. But sweetie, you know that kids under 13 aren’t allowed at the pool without an adult. Why didn’t you ask your father or I to go with you. Because you guys are busy and if I wait for you to take me it will get later and the pool will get more crowded with adults who want to swim laps and I just don't like sharing a lane with some hairy dude in a speedo. Honey, the lifeguards know you are under 13 and they will be watching for you. They just aren’t going to let you swim there. I’m sorry, but we need a better solution.
Dialog Challenge #2
  1. Add dialog to your memoir. 
  2. You don't need to remember the actual words anyone said. You can write what you think they said or what you think they probably said.  
  3. Also try to avoid using the word SAID over and over. Here are 200 words you can use instead of said. 



No comments:

Post a Comment