Read an article with your group.
Share out what you read about with a different group.
Reading an article:
- With your group read and discuss your assigned article.
- Be sure you can talk about:
- A brief summary of the article including the author's position.
- Several important details, including any that seemed new or surprising.
- Any issues or disagreements you have with the author's position or data.
SOURCE 1 (ZERNIKE) Red
SOURCE 2 (NOVOTNEY) Blue
SOURCE 3 (MELIS) Green
SOURCE 4 (POPE) Orange
SOURCE 5 (MORIN) Yellow
SOURCE 6 (SHIMURA) Purple
Explaining your article:
I'll re-group you and you need to explain the article you read.
You will also hear about several other articles.
Take notes in your English Journal about new and interesting information. Write down the source in case you need to reference/cite this information later.
Get our Data:
Click HERE to get your copy of our survey data.
Look through the slides and add your thoughts in the slide notes.
Use the sentence frames HERE to write about the data in the slide notes.
- Finish book #10 by this Thursday 5/25.
- Last day to return PLHS library books is 6/5.
- Finish book #11 by 6/6.
- We return textbooks on 6/7. (Bring all your books for all of your classes. If you need to keep a book to study for a final that's fine. That book is due the day of that final.)