Note set up
Things to watch for
How could you organize your notes to look for theme, mood and irony before we begin watching the film?
- Open your English journal and set up a note taking system for yourself.
- As we watch the film make a note of any irony you see.
- Look for settings, or shots the reflect various moods in the film.
- See if you can spot a reference to the theme near the very beginning. (It is also a religious reference.)
Cinematic techniques to look for:
- Examples of irony, especially verbal irony
- Religious symbols or references
- Canted angles and dramatic lighting
- High and low angle shots
- Foreshadowing: clues something is coming
Come at lunch tomorrow. I'll be re-showing the first thirty minutes of the film.
Review your notes, remind yourself what you saw in the film.
Read your independent reading book.
We visit the counselors on Thursday.