Looking for Character Evidence
Some of you are presenting today, some of you I need to talk to about presenting.
Looking for evidence of character:
Knowing how to mark the things you notice in your novels will help you find that evidence later.
Today I'll show you how I notice things about a character and then you can practice noticing things in your group novels.
Conversations in your groups:
- Check in with each other about page numbers.
- Discuss events in the book so far. Make sure you all know and agree on what happened to this point.
- Share what you are noticing about the characters. Add your stickies to places that tell you about characters.
- Talk about what you think might be on your first quiz tomorrow. What might I ask you about? How would you answer?
- Talk about how you could organize your findings as a group. Do you need to share a doc of group notes to help you?
Quiz on the first 1/4 of your book tomorrow or Friday.
Period 2 Friday 9th Assembly. (Did you give your adult that lavender paper?)
Keep up with work in your English Journal.