Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Reflection and self evaluation

Goal: Reflecting on our progress, learning, and next steps.

Research shows that the most important thing for learners are the questions we ask ourselves about our own learning. When do you ask yourself these questions:

  • Why am I learning this?
  • How will I measure my own success? 
  • Who with and how might I best succeed? 
  • What are my next steps?
  • How am I tracking my progress? 

With those questions in mind I offer you the opportunity to reflect a bit on your own progress.

1. Your Visual Memoir Slides: 
Complete THIS FORM and reflect on how your slides are going.

2. Self Evaluate your English Journal: 

  1. Open your English Journal. 
  2. Add a new entry at the top. 
  3. Paste in the sentence below and fill in the blanks using the English Journal Scoring Guide and your own reflections. 

I believe I have earned a _____(score) for my English Journal because_____(give actual reasons). 

3. Quick Write
Under your self evaluation add an entry in your English Journal about your group novel so far. What have you read? How is it going for you as a reader? What's happening in the book? Are you having any challenges and how will you deal with them?

Reminders/Tomorrow:

  • Mrs. R has to go to a meeting in the morning tomorrow. You will have work to do. 
  • Common question: "What can I work on?" Answers: Book review in your English Journal, visual Memoir Slides, written memoir, entries in your English Journal.
  • Keep reading your group novel



No comments:

Post a Comment