Books open computers closed. We read.
Reading a news article:
- Go to Newsela.com and click the colorful G to sign in with Google.
- Click "Allow."
- Newsela will already know who you are because I already set up your accounts.
- Click on Binder (upper right corner)
- Scroll past the black part and find "Your Work"
- Click on the title of the article about the hurricane in Haiti.
- Open your English Journal.
- Write a one paragraph summary of the article you just read. Use the chart below to help you.
- Then, write a second paragraph about your thoughts/opinions about the situation.
- Keep reading.
- Finish your Visual Memoir slide deck. (Due Monday.)
- Improve your memoir.