Please get your computers and sit in the same places you did yesterday. If you were not here, see me before you sit down.
We will read when the bell rings.
Yesterday you read an article about the drought in California and highlighted the six most important points. Here are the next steps:
- Reread the article.
- Either as a table or with the person sitting next to you, take what you've highlighted and choose the three most important points in the article. (Maybe highlight them in a different color.)
- Use those three most important points to help you to create an objective summary of the text. Click here to find the exit slip activity you will need to complete before you leave class today.
- An objective summary does not include your opinion (i.e. do not use "I" in your summary)
- Do not quote the text or copy the exact sentences into your summary. When you summarize, you explain the main idea and important supporting details in your own words.
- You can copy and paste the following frame into the form to help you.
that ______(Main Idea)____. According to the article, ____(Supporting Detail 1)________. In addition, Rogers states/claims/discusses/suggests __(Supporting Detail 2)___.
Also, Rogers claims/suggests/states/discusses
______(Supporting Detail 3)____.