You have some work to do today. Are you ready?
- Today is Friday. That means you get to read an Article of the Week! You will not be on Newsela today. Instead, open this article called "The 9 Ingredients of Character Development." Make a copy to annotate. In your English Journal, write one paragraph to summarize the article, and one paragraph to share you thoughts and opinions.
- Have you filled out the form for your book reviews? The link is on the top of the page and it says "Independent Reading/Book Reviews" on it. Make sure you have submitted that form.
- Go back into Goodreads and edit/finish your book review.
- Catch up on your English Journal.
- Check Powerschool. Are you missing anything?
We are collecting your group novels today so you do not have to take them to the library. If you do not have it today, you have until next Friday, October 17 to return it to the library.
Also, on Monday, you will have an assessment to show your understanding of what we have been working on in the past five weeks. If you want to know what to do to prepare, the answer is to practice looking for characterization, setting, mood, sensory details, and conflict in your own independent reading novels. If you can do that, you will be fine.
Have a wonderful weekend!