|By Lauren Schroer|
Today we're going to spend some time on a new website that we have not looked at in this class before. You've been reading books in groups and independently. Let's get our reading lives online.
Goal #1: Goodreads
- Go to Goodreads.com
- Log-in using your GOOGLE account. (Underneath the "sign up" spaces, it says, "or sign in using..." Next to this, click the little Google button!)
- Send a friend request to Ms. Black AND Mrs. Roberts. (Hint: Look us up by our email addresses.)
- Search for the book you are currently reading and add it to your "currently reading" shelf.
- Search for at least TEN more books you have read and add them to your "Read" shelf. Make sure you RATE them too!
Goal #2: Looking at awesome book reviews
- Take some time to read this book review about a book called The Alchemist.
- In your English Journal, write about what makes this book review a good book review. What are the qualities that make it strong? What is the difference between a book review and a summary?
- If you would like another example to learn from, check out this one about City of Thieves