Goals: Reading, a pre-assessment of your knowledge of rhetorical strategies and a close reading of a sign.
2. Take a quick quiz to see what you already know about some common rhetorical strategies.
TAKE THE QUIZ
3. Read the sign below with your partner.
What is the author trying to tell parents?
What is the author claiming?
How does the author support his/her claims?
Ready? Go to socrative.com and join room PLHS.
Absent on 3/24? You missed an in class writing assignment/essay test. You have a zero for it in power school. You need to make it up.
Your options are:
1. Come after school. (See the chart by the door for available days.)
2. Come during period 2, 3, 5 or 6 if you won't be missing something in another class.
3. Come during advisory and plan to continue writing into lunch time.
You can't make it up during class time because you will miss instruction.