- We always read.
- A recent study found that people who read are two and a half times less likely to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Syndrome later on in life. Although this does not mean that reading will prevent the disease, it proves a slight relationship between reading and prevention.
Reading Progress Survey:
- Complete THE SURVEY about your reading.
- (Yes, you have done this before. Yes, you need to do it again.)
- Read THIS REVIEW of The Alchemist written by a former student of mine. It is not perfect, but it does a really good job demonstrating the structure of a book review.
- Open your English Journal
- Add 9/28/16 at the top (But be sure you are not writing in the header.)
- Begin a draft of your book review. Write about the book you already finished reading.
Memoirs are due today. I begin to grade them on the rubric this afternoon.
You can still work on it. But you may need to request a regrade.
You will know I graded yours when you see a copy of the rubric show up at the bottom of the doc.