Read: Yes, we still start with reading.
- On Wednesday we looked at an example of a review and charted the structure of that review.
- Use that structure as a model for your own book reviews.
- You started a draft of your book review in your English Journal.
- Your first task today is to finish writing that review.
The example book review we read was posted on Goodreads.
- JOIN Goodreads.com by signing in with Google+. You will need to create a password for that.
- SKIP the step about getting recommendations from friends.
- DO set a reading goal for 2016. I suggest 6 books.
- SELECT 3 favorite genres. (Then move on. You can add more later.)
- RATE at least 5 books you have read. Use the genre buttons on the left to find different titles.
- FIND the friends button in the upper right corner and click that.
- TYPE Mrs. R's gmail address into the friend search box. Then click search.
- ADD Mrs. R as a friend.
- SEARCH for the title of the book you just wrote a review of.
- RATE the book and PASTE in your review.